Is your first impression giving you a headstart?

banner.jpg

According to The Harvard Study of Communications it only takes seven seconds for you to make a first impression on another human being.

In addition, the study also says that only 7% of a first impression are the words you say and 38% is how you sound. So in total, only 45% of a first impression is due to what you say. But you don’t get the chance in the 7 seconds to say anything on LinkedIn or other social media.

So whilst on meeting someone, 55% of the first impression is how you look, online it’s virtually everything. In your profile picture, it’s how you dress, personal appearance; it’s about eye contact and how relaxed and confident you look. If you get any of these wrong, you are starting off a business relationship from a less than ideal position. If you don’t have a profile picture at all, you are making life very difficult for yourself.

You need a visual first impression of you that’s going to invite potential clients to read on and find out more about you. 

Make your first impression count.

first impressions.jpg
janette edmonds